The Daum Museum will reopen on Tuesday, September 1.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Daum! A review of our visitor guidelines and regulations below will help orient you before you arrive and ensure you get the most out of your experience. Please, make sure to plan ahead for your visit.
Here’s what else you need to know about how we are keeping you and our staff safe.
Your health and safety are our top priorities. Please, be assured that the Daum is following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Pettis County Health Center for increased health and safety procedures. The Daum is working to reduce risk by requiring everyone in the museum to wear a face covering and maintain physical distancing. We have also implemented staff health checks and established a more frequent cleaning routine that includes a building-wide cleaning schedule and enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
So that the museum can safely remain open, we require that all visitors follow the SAFETY GUIDELINES outlined below.
• Face coverings are required for staff and all visitors over the age of two. CDC guidelines advise that face coverings should reach above the nose, below the chin, completely cover the mouth and nostrils, and fit snugly against the sides of the face. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one.
• Physical distancing is required. Visitors should stay at least 6 feet (about two arms’ length) from others and from groups.
• Visitors must check in with contact information before entering the galleries, with either a phone number or email address, so that we may contact you quickly if we discover that an individual at the museum has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
• Visitor capacity is limited to 25% of the usual capacity in our galleries and public spaces, and is limited to 40 individuals at any one time. Physical distancing is required throughout the museum.
• Restroom capacity is limited to two people at any one time.
• The museum will not be checking coats or bags. Please, leave backpacks and bags larger than 11 x 17 inches at home.
• Help prevent the spread of germs by washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and by not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance of the museum. Please, cover your cough or sneeze.
• Stay home if you are feeling sick or have possibly been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Learning opportunities and museum programs
At this time, there will be no on-site programs or events. However, we have virtual options on our website and Facebook and Instagram pages. Check there for weekly VTS discussions, highlights of the permanent collection, and access to nearly our entire permanent collection. Check out the museum’s online calendar for more information about the Daum’s upcoming events.
• Until further notice, the Daum will not be offering group tours. Visit the Guided Tours page of our website for more information, as it becomes available.
Thank you in advance for your kindness to our staff and each other.
And WELCOME BACK TO THE DAUM!